Tuesday, February 16, 2010

AudioPhile AKA Dude Guy Dance Guy aka DGDG is almost done

Here is a more up to date version of my character Dude Guy Dance Guy, doing a weird dance move. His arms have some problems still. But he is rocking some fresh new Adidas so he doesn't care.


I want to start designing a backdrop for this dance to take place. I am not sure if i want it to be in a city, or on a stage or what. I just don't know at the moment.

I have also been thinking of sounds for this animation. The song i will use will have to have the right tempo to match the dance.

A couple words about MoCap.

Where i left off last time, was just uploading the MoCap to my blender file.

After uploading the c3d file, you give the MoCap a parent child relationship with the mesh. Select the MoCap bones, then the mesh and hit ctr+P. In my case i then made the eyes parent child relationship to the model as well.

Now once i did this my model went nuts.

To correct the problems that have just popped up, Weight painting must be done.

Weight painting is where all of the magic is going to happen. Here is an image of DGDG in a pose, and below is the weight painted version to show what bones are effecting what.



By weight painting the bones of the mesh, you are telling the bones how much to effect each part of the mesh. When i first attached the MoCap to the mesh, the head was stuck in the body and the body was twisted around. Weight painting helped solve those issues.

Spend the majority of your time weight painting the model, IK solvers were not helpful for me, so i didn't bother to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment