Tuesday, February 23, 2010

a new begining...

Today i accepted a truth i have been avoiding for 2 weeks now. So Motion Capture is not the way for my creature, Dude Guy Dance Guy to go. I've been thinking this for a while now, and it took seeing my peers animations to fully understand that MoCap was not the way to keep moving.

It is sad, since i have spent almost 2 weeks solid weight painting the smallest details on the character, trying to polish the MoCap into a usable device. Then to finally realize it's not going to work is a defeating feeling. But i will push on :)

Not so bad though, i will now understand how rigging a character start to finish works, and I will figure out IK solvers as well. All of these things i just blew past early on in the course because the MoCap was so much more interesting to me, and it didn't require the knowledge of these steps.

I'm still going to render out a small full 6000 frame MoCap animation of DGDG dancing, but it will be on my own time. I am now embarking in a different direction.

I will still also keep learning about MoCap, and posting it to the blog as part of my side project. Perhaps try again when my animation techniques get a little more polished.

NEW IDEA

As the final project the creature people are going to make a Creature Talent show.

Each person gets at least 20 secs of animation for their character.

800x600 @ 24 fps are the specs

Then they will all be put into one giant file. i think after effects will be used to composite the pieces.

I will have a story board up by next thursday of what i want my characters movements to look like.

I still want to Dude Guy Dance Guy to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment