Thursday, February 4, 2010

Motion Capture: An ARTD 471 Side Project

I wanted to upload a small 1-2 sec test animation of the character so far but time is not on my side today. So instead I'll start working on my side project a more in depth look at motion capture.

For my 3D character I decided it would be a fun route, for the animation, to try to incorporate Motion Capture.

To start with

http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/

This is a really good site with free High Quality Mocap files. Be sure to download the c3d formats if you are using blender.

Motion capture is Readily available online, alot of site charge you but some are free.

These files are huge. A lot of them 120 frames a sec, it will take a bit to load up.

Once it loaded up alt + a to play the animation.

Next step is to attach the armature to the model.

I will be posting, from time to time, more info on this subject. It is a new subject to me, so i will post any interesting articles, sites, and Tutorials i find.

No comments:

Post a Comment